What is B.Sc. in fashion Technology?
B.Sc. Fashion Technology or Bachelor of Science in Fashion Technology is an undergraduate Fashion Technology course. Fashion technology is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. It encompasses a vast field of studies in design, concept management, design production management, quality control, planning, fabric design, printing, fashion accessory design, fashion merchandising, textile science, colour mixing, marketing and so on. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social attitudes and has varied over time and place. B.Sc. (Fashion Technology) is generally three academic year course. It may be provided on a part-time basis by certain institutes. The syllabus for the course is divided into six semesters. B.Sc. Fashion Technology course is an important and job orienting one which provides many job opportunities to the candidates.
Who is eligible to get admission in B.Sc. in Fashion Technology?
- The candidates should complete their 10+2 or its equivalent exam with 50% in Science stream.
- He/she may also need to undergo an aptitude test to seek admission for the course.
B.Sc. in Fashion Technology is suitable for?
- Students those who interested or desirous in Fashion Technology and have analytical and conceptual skills; time management skills; teamwork; use of initiative; communication skills; generation of ideas and evaluation of projects are most suitable for this course.
- They should have analytical and conceptual skills; time management skills; teamwork; use of initiative; communication skills; generation of ideas.
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level college and university level both in private and government institutions are also suitable for it.
How is B.Sc. Fashion Technology Course Beneficial?
- The candidates can find excellent placements in garment, leather and jewellery industry as merchandising executives, fashion designers, illustrators, fashion co-coordinators, etc.
- One can go for a higher degree program in respective subjects, e.g. Masters’ degree, etc.
- They can find employment with professional designers as apprentices, with manufacturing units, export houses, boutiques, media as costume designers, freelancing for fashion houses and boutiques and at the same time, it is a rewarding possibility for self-employment by opening your own boutique.
Where will you get employed after B.Sc. in Fashion Technology?
- Export Houses
- Garment Manufacturing Units
- Leather Companies
- Textile Mills
- Jewellery Houses
- Media Houses
- Colleges & Universities
What Job Titles/Designations will you get?
- Project Manager
- e-Commerce Manager
- Business Development Officer
- Fashion Designing Faculty Trainer
- Logistic Executive
- Desktop Support Technician
- Fashion Designer